Monday, November 16, 2015

NORWAY…Oh the LIFE!…Week 63

HELLO WORLD!

Hey everyone! All is well here in FREEEEZING Norway! Hahaha...it’s actually not too bad right now but its getting there! :) There is a lot of frost on the road and it makes me nervous because I have never driven in snow but I will sure learn quick! :) 

This week has been so good! We have been visiting people left and right and it has been way fun! I love my amazing companion and all these adventures we are on together! So in Norway, high schoolers take a religious classes and 200 hundred seniors came and visited the church. We did this huge tour and taught a bunch of other classes. Its so fun! I toured 30 students around four times and they had so many funny questions! "Why are you wearing a skirt?" Hahahaha...when the kid asked me that I looked down at my skirt and said "Oh my! I don’t know!" Everyone thought that was pretty funny. I then explained that it is to show that I am different! I am a missionary called of a prophet of God and with that title I ought to dress a little more formal and stick out so people will know too! :) It’s so cool to see how curious these kids are! They were really blown away with the fact that we CHOOSE to serve missions! It was really special to share my experiences and why I am a missionary. :)

We had such a fun week with so many amazing members and investigators! People are so good... did you know that?! People are just truly good. Sometimes you have to search for the goodness but it is in there somewhere! 

OH! A couple of days ago I got hit on the head (on accident) with the trunk door and it knocked me out! Pretty epic! It was really funny... seriously hilarious! I woke up on the ground so confused and then couldn’t stop thinking about my dog Jack who died like 5 years ago... random but yes! We called President Hill and he asked my companion to wake me up every couple of hours to check on me! Hahaha...I am all good, just a big lump on my head! Good memories and a great story to tell my children!  

I love you guys so much! Norway is amazing! The work is a little slow but the miracles are overflowing! I love you all!

 Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen! 

-Søster Neilson



I LOVE this photo! This sweet little girl calls
Soster Neilson her "best friend"! 
She sits with the sisters at church 
every Sunday! <3


Pdays and Basketball! :)


These are two dads getting a few rays of 
sunshine while they take care of their babies
on Sunday. I LOVE this! :)


So Norwegian! LOVE it! <3


A BIG part of Soster Neilson's mission is 
about service and love! <3


If a picture could say a 1,000 words! <3


Happy Hearts! <3


Youth Fireside! :)


A wonderful family from the ward! :)


The Bishop and his family! :)


"This is a tradiotional Norwegian Christmas 
cookie! It tastes like it looks…a little strange!"
-Soster Neilson

1 comment:

  1. Sr. Neilson - No fair falling or hitting your beautiful head anymore. Praying that all is really OK. I did that and two months later - I was sick!!!! Do Not want that to happen to you. We love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete