Monday, January 18, 2016

Farewell Skein and HELLO Tromsø!…Week 72

Note from Darbi: 
We didn't get a mass email this week because Haylee found out that she's moving and had TONS to do today to prepare! She is moving 1,000 miles north of Skein to a city called Tromsø. It translates to "Gateway to the Arctic". A few FUN facts: located 217 miles ABOVE the Arctic Circle; currently the sun rises at 11:06AM and sets at 12:26PM which means there's only 80 minutes of sunlight right now; this is the number ONE tourist destination to see the Northern Lights! She is going to miss the people of Skein whom she LOVES dearly. Goodbyes are always tough. <3 

Here are a few excerpts from her email to me this morning and LOTS of photos…


I AM MOVING TO TROMSØ!!!!!! Tromsø is called the "Paris" of Norway! I am so excited! I have heard it is just BEAUTIFUL! They are having reindeer races next week and we are going! I am so excited! It’s good to hear that it is warmer up there! It was -1 this morning (on your scale but ours its -18). Yuck! My boogies keep freezing whenever I go outside...and its hard to breathe when I first go out because it is so cold hahaha but then I get used to it :) 

I am so excited to go to Tromsø mom. I feels SO right! I had no idea I was moving until Saturday when President called and told us he was closing Skien to Sisters and I was like WHAT?! I know Tromsø is hard and way up there but I actually find a lot of comfort in knowing that I will be there for 6 weeks and I just have to work my hardest and SPREAD THE LOVE! I am so ready to love the heck out of Tromsø!  My new companion is an amazing person! Her name is Søster Larsen and she is just such a sweetheart! We have always gotten along really well with her and I am really excited to get to know her better. :) 
     
Mom...I have learned so much on my mission. I just can’t even express how grateful for what the Lord has taught me. I feel so much more accountable for the things I have learned and I KNOW that if I rely on the Lord and hold fast to the iron rod (the scriptures) I will be led in my life and find strength! I find so much comfort in the scriptures mom. I love my Heavenly Father and I am SO excited to continue to learn and grow! Thank you for being my mom :) 




Just in case you didn't know…
this is what JOY looks like! <3


"This sweet lady reminds me of Grandma!"
-Soster Neilson :)


Mission Home coziness! <3


Cecily is from Alta! She's been  called
to serve a mission in Albania! We have been
teaching her a Mission Prep class via Skype 
and finally got to meet her face to face!

BEAUTIFUL Skein








SERVICE with a happy heart! :)


Great memories with great people! :)


Aww! <3
He's either sad to see Soster Neilson leave
or he's not very happy to have his picture taken!


These members took GREAT care of
our missionary! :)


THANK YOU…


…for your KINDNESS!


Eternally grateful! :)


Happy Hearts!


Beautiful Souls! 


"Such GOOD men!" -Soster Neilson

Going to MISS these peeps!…



1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great experience to finish up her mission! So proud of this wonderful sister missionary. Finish up strong!!! See you soon. Love ya!!!
    The Nordstroms

    ReplyDelete