Monday, January 11, 2016

Craziness!…Week 71

Hello my dear ones!
   
This last week has just been CRAZY! It has snowed and snowed and SNOWED! We have a good two feet and its a little dangerous to drive. I am currently in the mission home because we are here to visit a girl who is in Oslo. She is leaving for her mission in 2 weeks and me and my companion have been teaching her mission prep for the last 2 and a half months over skype :) She actually lives in Alta (the furthest north city in the world but is just visiting in Olso today! I am so excited to see her in person! :) 
     
How is everyone?! How is the normal life? I bet boring! :) Our investigator came to church yesterday and he is so solid! He loves The book of Mormon and the Mormon church. He is from Syria and only speaks Arabic and a good amount of English. :) In his own words he said about the Book of Mormon: "This is written in such beautiful Arabic! The man who translated this...I want to kiss him!" and then Elder Bunnell (my district leader) throws up his arms and says "I didn't do it!" hahahahaha it was so funny! :) We also sang in church yesterday and when i came back down after singing I sat with our investigator and he said "You sing like honey!" hahaha he is a very good man who loves Jesus Christ and his Heavenly Father. I have learned so much from him and the heart breaking life his people have come from in their war torn country. My heart really goes out to them. What good people!
     
Nothing else really new to report. Just working hard each and every day! I love you guys! Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen! 


-Søster Neilson :)

Note from Darbi: We only received one photo today because she didn't have her camera cord for the computer at the mission home. So…I added a little bit of Scandinavian folklore for you!


So Haylee decided to name her blog
chillinwithmygnomiesinnorway 
because we always associated gnomes
with Scandinavia AND "gnomies
rhymed with "homies"! Oh how 
wrong we were! Gnomes actually 
originated in Germany and Holland.
They would be called Tomte in Sweden
and Nisse in Norway! :)
ALL of these little people are 
considered to be guardians so
that made it a PERFECT fit for
Søster Neilson!


If you know this girl then you
know that she is the Queen of Silly!
Her little brother turns 18 this
week and she sent this special
birthday picture to him! 
It is his birthday wish that this
photo be posted! OH MY!

No comments:

Post a Comment