Monday, December 28, 2015

God Jul og Godt Nytt År!…Week 69

Kjære familien og venner,
    
God Jul og Godt Nytt år! (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!) I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with Christ, family, happiness, and FOOD! :) I sure did! Boy oh boy did I learn a lot about my Savior this year. What a blessing it is to have Christmas to remember Him and the GIFT God sent to our earth! 
     
This Christmas season has been very special and sacred to me. I was able to spend it with truly special people who have sacrificed so much in their lives yet they continually and unconditionally GIVE! There is this quote I really love from our beloved Prophet: " Christmas is the time of GIVING without the thought of getting." (Thomas S. Monson) How true that is. I love Christmas and I LOVE teaching these amazing Norwegian people about the true meaning of it and what the REAL GIFT was!
     
As me and my companion, Søster Randall, have studied together this month, we always begin with a Christmas hymn. One that has become my favorite is the Norwegian version of "Away in  a Manager". The last two verses have had a big affect on me...

"So simple, and quite, our Savior was born.
Oh how loved I am of Jesus my brother.
He came from God presence, and God is He like.
Christ was born more and now I am made rich...

"From the crib to the cross, He walked the path for us.
He opened the gate to heaven for me
Bless us, be with us, shine the light on our path
so we all can be together in heaven with You!"

     
It doesn't sound as good in English but it is SO beautiful in Norwegian! I am so grateful to Jesus Christ and that He has lit the path for me and I now have a choice to follow it... and I will! I love my Savior! I love you all and I am so grateful to be a missionary this special Christmas season! God Jul! 

Jeg elsker dere! Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen! :) 

                             

-Søster Neilson



Happy Heart in Norway! <3


Christmas Caroling! :)


"Christmas Party! So much LOVE!"
-Søster Neilson


<3


Package from HOME! :)


Sister Stockings! <3


"A warm hug from my family in Alesund!"
-Søster Neilson


"A wonderful and joyous Christmas 
from my Ohana! Thank you! Love you!"
-Søster Neilson


Yum! :)


Advent Calendar! <3


JOY! <3


The missionaries and some of the 
Young Single Adults from the ward! :)


God Jul!


Basket of gifts for the missionaries!
SO KIND!


This one is for Grandma…Fifi the dog! :)


Too much yummy food makes 
for sleepy missionarues! 


Skyping with their missionary friends in 
the North! HAPPY!


"This is one of my FAVORITE little 
peeps! She gave herself a mullet…haha!"
-Søster Neilson


Big Hearts! Happy Hearts! 


CHEESE! hahaha…


Shadow Play Nativity! SO COOL!


Christmas with the Morgan Family! 


Christmas JOY!


Sometimes you need a mom HUG on 
Christams! Thank you Sister Morgan! 


BEAUTIFUL winter's day in Norway!



Hiking with the Isaksen Family! 


Breathtaking!


Making homemade pizza with the Top Family! :)


YUM!


Last Christmas Day! Dancing around the 
Christmas tree one last time to bid
farewell to the Christmas season! 


No comments:

Post a Comment