Monday, August 10, 2015

Continuing the Journey in Sarpsborg!…Week 49

Dear Family and Friends!!!

Okay, my emails are just weak sauce! Hahaha...sorry! ;) 

This week was AMAZING! So many tender mercies! I am not sure if I talked about it last week but I am staying in Sarpsborg so by the end of these 6 weeks I will have been here for 6 months and hit my ONE YEAR mark! Wahoo! 1/3 of my mission in this WONDERFUL place! I love being here so much! 

How is everyone doing? I am doing awesome! We have a new missionary in our district named Elder Tennent from Las Vegas! I feel so old! He JUST graduated high school like 2 months ago...haha oh boy! He is such a good guy and his Norwegian is really good! I was so surprised! Yesterday was his first day in church and 3rd day in the land and he blessed the Sacrament in Norwegian! I was a proud momma! He did SO well! 

We have a new district leader.....drum roll please....ELDSTE PHIPPS!!!! He was already in my district but now he is just leading it! Wahoo! He is awesome and doing a wonderful job! My old district leader went home and it was SO sad! He is such a good guy! He has really blessed my life in so many ways and I am honored to have known and served with Donald Kirk! :) He will be missed in this ward and in all of Norway! On his last day we were on our way to an appointment and we were a little bit early so we pulled over on the side of the road and picked some wild berries. It was bitter sweet because...berries are not always sweet AND because it was Elder Kirks’ last night! :( Best of luck to Eldste Kirk!
     
We have a couple of people being baptized in the next couple of weeks and we are so excited! I love the people that live here! I feel so blessed to be serving in Norway with all of these amazing members and missionaries!
     
Sorry there are no pictures this week. We didn't go to the library but count on it next week! 

Gud vær med dge til vi sees igjen! 


-Søster Neilson

Photo Note: Haylee sends 30 to 50 photos a week, most weeks. I have kept every photo for her but haven't posted them all on her blog. I love that she photo journals her mission journey. Can you tell she's a visual learner?! :) Since she didn't have time to go to the library and upload photos this week, I've included in this post photos she has sent from the last few weeks of the BEAUTIFUL landscapes of Norway! ENJOY!


BEAUTIFUL missionary in LOVELY Sarpsborg! 






No comments:

Post a Comment