Monday, July 6, 2015

The Lord is My Light!…Week 44

Kjære alle sammen,
     
Hvordan går det folkens? All is going well with me here in Norway. :) It has been sunny and beautiful the past few days and I think I might actually be getting a tan again! Wahoo! Today was very cold though which is a bummer but that’s okay! :)

This week we got a new mission president! So a mission president is a man who is called of God to watch over the missionaries in different missions all around the world. My mission president was assigned to Norway so he watches over me and my fellow missionaries! He also is in charge of the different places that we live in Norway which is very exciting! He and his wife take care of us just like the previous mission president did. Mission Presidents serve for 3 years and then they are replaced with new mission presidents and so forth. President and Søster Evans just left which was rather sad and I will miss them terribly! BUT, with change comes new beginnings and new opportunities! President and Søster Hill are the Newbies! They are such GOOD people! We had a missionary conference and met with them to receive some motivation and advice about how we can be better missionaries! :) It was amazing! They both have so much love for us missionaries here in Norway! I am so excited to work with them in this missionary work! I LOVE WHAT I DO!
     
So, as you know, this week was the 4th of July! Norway does not celebrate this holiday because it’s an American holiday! (who would have thought ;)) BUT our little ward threw a 4th of July BBQ! It was a BLAST! I am so grateful that they wanted us to feel warm and welcomed! :) It was not the same as home BUT it was still so much fun! My first 4th of July without fireworks! Hahaha
     
I cannot begin to express my gratitude and the love that I feel today. I have been supported and lifted so many times during my mission by those around me who I know love me. I am SO Grateful! I miss my family so much all the time but I KNOW that the Lord watches over us always. You are never alone. Ever. I am so grateful :)
     
Well Family I don't have much time. I need to write out my thoughts ahead of time because my mind goes blank when i see the computer screen! Hahaha 

I love you all so much! Gud vær med dge til vi sees igjen!



 -Søster Neilson

Note: Søster Neilson hit her 10 month mark this week! She also sent pictures to celebrating Summer Solstice and 4th of July!


Jump for JOY in the land of the midnight sun! 


Woo hoo! :)
Eldste Phipps and Eldste Kemp


Summer Solstice Ward BBQ and Bon Fire!


BEAUTIFUL Norway at 11:00PM on
the longest light day of the year!


Ward Volleyball Tournament! :)


Happy Hearts! <3


UNO with the AMAZING Olsen kids! 


They went to support a member at his 
American football game! 
"Not quite rugby but close! ;)"-Søster Neilson


Lovin' the SUNSHINE!


BBQing with their favorite football player!


For Lil' Bro Jared…
"I found ANOTHER cat Bear!"-Søster Neilson


"So we are teaching an AMAZING Family! These 
are their 4 little girls! i LOVE them SO much!
Little Arven may or may not be my favorite! ;) 
I love this BEAUTIFUL family!"-Søster Neilson


"My Swedish Girlies! They teach me Swedish
kind of! Hahaha!"-Søster Neilson


Happy Independence Day America!
They ADORE Izzy their Norwegian adopted American!


"WAIT! Let me take a selfie
with Søster Neilson's camera!"


Eldste Kirk is new to their area!


PRECIOUS! <3
 Can you see the inch worm in her little hand?!


More selfless from her kidnapped camera! ;)
FUN times at the 4th of July BBQ!


Definitely making the best of summer 
while they can! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Beautiful people that you are teaching,Sr. Neilson!! We send you our love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I think having so much sunlight would drive me crazy! I'd never want to go to sleep hahaha! Love you Søster Neilson!! You are a great example to us all!

    ReplyDelete