Friday, July 17, 2015

Holy. Cow. Batman!…Week 45

Hello Family!!!

There is so much to say and not enough time to say it! We are teaching this AMAZING family and they are getting baptized in a couple of weeks! AHHHHHH!!!!!! They are so AWESOME! I am just amazed everyday with how wonderful The Lord is! I love these people so much I feel so blessed to be in Norway at this time to be their missionary! :) 

So on Tuesday, Søster Gates and I were planning for the day and we decided that while contacting, we were going to find a young blonde Norwegian boy with a blue shirt and black hat. Specific right? So we set off on the search! Didn't even find him in the time slot we planned. Ugh...come on! We were walking down the street on our way back to the car from an appointment and we saw a flurry of blue up ahead! We kept walking and there was a young blonde Norwegian with a blue shirt and black hat! We almost ran, but decided to walk, to him and started talking to him! He wanted to learn more and was pretty interested! We got another appointment with him and gave him a Book of Mormon! It was so cool! His name is Petter. :) 
     
ÅSE MARIE FROM ÅLESUND CAME TO VISIT ME!!!! Åse Marie is my Norwegian mom! She came down to visit for a couple of days and helped us on all of our teaches! It was so fun! :) We taught some amazing people and had a belated birthday dinner because she missed my actual birthday while she was in America with my family! ;) hahaha It was so good to see her! I forgot to send those pictures so next week for sure!!! :) 
     
Went to a funeral on Thursday for an older woman in the ward. She was almost 91! She was a very sweet and loved woman. The funeral was so tender and simple and I felt honored to be there and feel the love that our ward family had for this wonderful woman! 

We also had lunch with one of our AMAZING investigators Izzy! I love that girl to death! We had a so very fancy McDonalds lunch and talked about the Word of Wisdom. It was kind of funny because a part of the Word of Wisdom discusses eating healthy food while we were stuffing our faces with cheeseburgers and fries! Hahaha ;) 
     
On Saturday we had a big ward BBQ, which was SO fun! I absolutely loved it! So many good people came and it was just so great! We had a HUGE jump rope game which I was not apart of because I am not as talented in jumping in a skirt as my companion is! (see picture below! )

We had a few Americans speaking in church on Sunday which was kind of fun! They had a translator and it was fun to see the ward be so supportive and loving towards them! One of the American speakers called out Ann Marie (she is one of the amazing people being baptized) and asked her if she was the one being baptized, in the middle of sacrament meeting! Hahahahahaha...Poor Ann Marie! She just nodded her head! Hahaha I was so proud! ;) I love that woman! 
    
I just found out today that my good friend Josh Boswell has been called to serve in the Provo, Utah mission! Wahoooo! It’s crazy because my companion I have now is from Provo Utah! And I am moving there when I come home! So a shout out to Josh! Congrats! :)
     
Well my wonderful family and friends, I love you all so much! 
Gud vær med dge til vi sees igjen, 


-Søster Neilson


PEACE from Sarpsborg Norway! 


Michael and Anne-Marie
"I love them SO much!" -Søster Neilson


JUMP Søster Gates!


Søster Neilson captioned this photo: JOY!


FUN times! :) 
Eldste Phipps is the bomb anchor! 


Eldste Phipps seems to be all tied up! ;)


Eldste Kirk is just chillin'!


Hahaha…Enjoying the sunshine and SUMMER!


The KRAMER!


Søster Neilson ADORES this girl! <3


1…2…3…JUMP!


"Hey Bear! I found another cat!"-Søster Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment