Monday, May 18, 2015

Syttende Mai…Week 37

Kjære søsken, (Dear Brothers and Sisters)

Helloooooooo! I’m sorry I have been such a slacker! It’s so hard to find time to email! UGH! Pdays are just full of adventure and cleaning! Hehehe ;) I am doing so well here in Norway! The weather is getting warmer and the sun is starting to never set! haha ;) I’m not in the land of the midnight sun because I'm not far enough North but I am in the land of the "its still light outside at mid night!" haha ;)

HOLY COW! THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING! I got a New Companion this week. She is absolutely ADORABLE and he name is Søster Gates! She is such a sweet pea! She is from Provo Utah. She has 7 siblings. She has beautiful red hair and she also plays the violin! She is such a wonderful missionary! I am so grateful to have her as my companion! :)

So this week was the 17th of May or Constitution Day which is like America’s 4th of July only BIGGER! I had the amazing opportunity to spend the day in the Capital of Norway, Oslo, where the Royal Family lives. My mission President and his wife got tickets for all of us missionaries to go to the palace to celebrate! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! It was amazing! We got to be in the court yard of the palace and see the King, Queen, their children and grandchildren! They were  far away but it was still really cool! Norway is such a peaceful little country! I love it! I swear there is way more protection for Obama than for the King of Norway! Everyone here adores the Royal Family! We were right outside the palace and it was beautiful! A big parade was going on the whole time and everyone was singing and dancing. EVERYONE is dressed in old Norwegian dresses and suits! It’s so fun! I took many pictures with complete strangers! It was a beautiful thing! :) 
I got to see so many missionaries that I haven’t seen in months and that just warmed my heart! :) I miss all of them so much! We walked around a lot looking at all the people and marching bands. Everyone eats as much ice cream and hot dogs as they can. We then went to an hour of Church which was awesome! This sweet old Norwegian man got up and gave a talk about freedom and agency. He was so proud of his country and it rubbed off on me. I started to become very emotional! I am so proud to be a missionary in Norway! This is my second home. I love everything about this wonderful country ESPECIALLY the wonderful people! After church we had an after party at the Mission president’s home.  We ate a ton of hot dogs and ice cream! It was so nice to be all together as a mission family! I am so grateful to be a missionary in this country! Ja, jeg elsker dette land! (Yes, I love this country!) that is the Norwegian national anthem! :)

We are home now safe and sound and very tired!  I know that God loves his children and wants us to try our best! Turn to your Father in Heaven in prayer. He loves you and he wants to bless you! Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen!

-Søster Neilson!


Celebrating 17th of May in Oslo!


Happy Hearts!
Soster Neilson and Soster Gates
Eldste Kemp and Eldste Phipps


Soster Gates and Soster Neilson
in the Royal Courtyard waiting for the Royal Family!


The old Trondheim District reunited! :)


Beautiful authentic Norwegian bunad dresses!


Soster Hoggard! Her companion from the MTC. :)


Soster Hartley was her trainer in Trondheim! :)


Soster Heywood! :)


The parade WAY up the street! WONDERFUL
celebrations for Norway!


Happy Birthday Norway!
"My second home! I LOVE this country and
I ESPECIALLY love her people!"
-Soster Neilson 17 May 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment