Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Highlights from Our Mother's Day Skype Call! Woo Hoo!

Here are a few highlights form our Skype call with Søster Neilson! She sounded SO happy!...

  • There is a lady in their ward from Sweden. Søster Neilson has thought for weeks that she speaks in a Norwegian dialect. This is what she found out, "I asked her about her dialect on Sunday and she laughed and told me that she doesn't speak Norwegian! She only knows Swedish! I was so excited that I could understand everything she says!" Walt then told Haylee that's a good thing so she can make sure we don't get lost when we go visit Gothenburg and Stockholm. His Swedish is a little bit rusty! :)
  • Mora and Auntie Hays made a million silly faces at each other! It was adorable to see them interact as if they've never been apart.
  • Dad and Haylee spoke a lot of Swedish and Norwegian with each other. Warmed my heart!
  • We asked her how much time we got to talk with her. She told us 45 minutes. We all huffed and puffed. She just smiled and said, "The Lord sees all INCLUDING time." Hahaha!
  • She told us that the sunsets around 11:30PM right now. She is definitely in the land of the "midnight sun"! 
  • We asked her about the family she lives with, the Olsen's. This was her response with great enthusiasm, "I love then! Don't EVEN get me started! I LOVE them!" <3 We had the chance to say hello to a few of the kids!
  • We were able to get Zack on the phone and he talked to her for a few minutes on speakerphone. He's being deployed with the Navy this week so he was on duty. She had some sweet, tearful advice for him, "I think about you guys a lot Zack. Trust in the Lord. Stay strong and you'll come out stronger. In Norwegian we say...stå på…it means 'stand upon'. You need to stand upon HIM and let Him hold you up!"
  • We were reflecting on the next time we talk to her at Christmas and she shouted, "Oh my goodness! The next time we Skype, I'm going to have a new niece!!!!" Zack chuckled and told her they'll send her LOTS of photos when Brooklyn makes her debut in September. :)
  • She shared a scripture with us in Norwegian and English: John 14:26-27 "(26)But the comforter which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (27) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
  • Søster Neilson and Søster Grubaugh sang the hymn "Abide With Me" in Norwegian. I cried like a baby! It was so beautiful! 
  • Our call ended after 58:32 minutes. We are a bad influence on her desire to be obedient! We need to repent! ;) 
  • Technology is AMAZING! It's such a tender mercy to be able to see her face and silly, cheerful, joyful facial expressions! Our hearts were so full! 
  • Keep doing the Good Work Søster Neilson! We LOVE you! God be with you till we meet again!


The many Faces of Søster Neilson! (note: the connection as poor so please excuse the grainy photos. You can still see her JOY regardless of the quality.)







Happy Heart in Norway! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment