Monday, April 27, 2015

Hva Skejer Doker!!! (What's happening Folks!)…Week 34



Hallo!!!!!! 

Hei sann dere! Hvordan går det! (Hey guys! How goes it!) Oh my goodness this week was incredible! I feel like I have so much to tell but I have no idea where to begin! So I have been reading this talk about how to be a consecrated missionary (woah... big word! hahah ;)) and in that talk it mentions how when you go out onto the streets to talk with people and you are walking towards someone but you are not sure what to say, to just open your mouth.  When you do that, you are showing the Lord you trust him and you are "Opening the window to miracles!" I LOVE THIS! I applied it yesterday actually! We were walking down this hill in a beautiful park when all of a sudden, there was a woman walking towards us, I went right up to her and and began to ask her a question. She said "Nei takk" and started walking away when I opened my mouth for the second time. I told her that there really was a God and that he really does love her. I told her that she needed to pray because Heavenly Father wanted to hear from her and does listen to her. She said nothing and just stared at me and then looked down and continued on. I felt Gods love for that woman so strong! It was incredible!!! I know that God really does hear us and He wants to talk with us. We just have to open our hearts and let Him in! 

So Søster G and I were planning on dropping by to see if one of our investigators was home. We climbed up the stairs in her apartments complex and knocked on her door. There was no response BUT her neighbors door was half way open and SUPER loud African music was coming out of it. I gave Søster G a funny look and knocked on that half open door! A mans voice said "Come in!" So i did. I walked right in to find this big black man sitting on his couch clipping his toe nails and said,  "Hie sann! vi to er misjonærer fra vår kirke! Og vi har et budskap om Jesus Kristus!" (Hey there! We two are missionaries and we have a message about Jesus Christ!).  He just kind of started at me like "who the heck are you??" and then told us he couldn't speak Norwegian or English just French but I played some Charades and told him we would come back with a Book of Mormon in French! Hahahaha...it was pretty awesome! We gave him to the elders because we cant be alone with another man but they are visiting him this week! Yay!

We went to the bishops house this week for dinner and it was awesome! We had a ton of food and sat around the table cracking jokes and doing puzzles! It was awesome! I love their family!

Åse Marie (a member in ålesund, the area I just left) came down to visit! She was going to Stake Conference but made a pit stop in Sarpsborg! I love her so much! It was amazing to see here again. We had a super rockin' day full of laughs, candy and miracles!!!! 
     
So last night I saw "Meet the Mormons" for the first time... Holy Tears! I could not stop crying! What a beautiful movie! My heart was so full! I cried because I was so proud to be a Mormon, an American, a daughter and most of all, A MISSIONARY! I could not stop the tears from flowing! Holy cow! So good! We were at a youth activity so all the youth just stared at me like I was crazy hahaha! ;) If you haven't seen "Meet the Mormons" yet, whether you are Mormon or not, SEE IT! It is so good! It's really cool to see how us Mormon's really do practice our faith! 
     
Well beautiful people...I need to run but I love you all and I am excited to see what the future holds! I love being a missionary and I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen!   

 -Søster Neilson

Thanks for the photos Ase-Marie! Here's a little perspective for our American friends and family…the Alesund Branch is part of the Drammen Stake. It's a 10 hour drive for the members there to attend Stake Conference! What a sacrifice of love! Soster Neilson is serving an hour south east of Drammen in Sarpsborg and Ase was able to go on splits with the girls! :)


Happy to be reunited with Ase-Marie! <3
This woman is her Norwegian guardian angel!  


Soster Neilson and Soster Grubaugh finding JOY in the journey!
A little bit of sugar always helps the process! :)


Happy Hearts! <3


"Ase, your the LITTLE Mommy and I'm your
BIG kid!" -Soster Neilson


I little kiss makes every ouchie feel better!


I LOVE this photo! Happiness, joy and good works!

No comments:

Post a Comment