Monday, April 13, 2015

Farewell Ålesund and Hello Sarpsborg!...Weeks 31 and 32

Hey You Guys! 

I am so sorry that my emails have been lacking and non existent! Things have been a little nuts over here. So I was moved a couple weeks ago unexpectedly to Sarpsborg and it was very hard for me. I LOVE Ålesund (the area I just left). My heart was BROKEN! The people I left behind will forever be apart of my life and in my heart! 

BUT I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be serving in Sarpsborg. It is about 15 minutes from Sweden! Hahaha...Ålesund is on the west side of Norway (right on the water) and Sarpsborg is all the way in the far south east almost in Sweden! The first week I got here was a little hard because most of the members were on vacation for Easter break. BUT I have met all of them now and they are amazing! Most of the people here are Filipino and way short hahaha so they all think I am hilarious with my hugeness and loudness! Hahaha...I love it! 

I want to talk a little about this amazing family that we live with. So we live with the Olsen family. They put a wall on the back end of their house so that they could house the sister missionaries. They are AMAZING! What good people. Brother and Sister Olsen have 3 kids who are studs! A 17 year old boy, a 16 year old girl and a 13 year old girl. They are such good kids! The youngest tells me that I am her favorite missionary! (she tells every missionary that haha! ;)) Brother Olsen is such a good man and is so strong! He is one of the most patient and loving people I think I have ever met. Sister Olsen is just amazing. She is always on the go and she always finds time to feed the missionaries or drop off a pie and a whole carton of ice cream from Sweden! (that happened yesterday haha). I am so grateful for their goodness and love! 
     
Yesterday was my first REAL Sunday in church due to General Conference the Sunday before. It was awesome! I go to stand up in church and introduce myself and I made everyone laugh! (hahaha they were probably laughing at my bad grammar but still!) I met so many good people and the hugs kept coming! We have a few appointments this week so I will get to know people better. SO excited!

After church we went to the Allmans or dinner and they are so cute! Brother Allman is from Trinidad and Sister Allman is from Finland. Brother Allman came here from Trinidad because he had a dream that his wife was in a cold country... and that is definitely not in Trinidad! Hahaha...so he got a job in Norway and met his wife! So cute! He is such a spiritual man! He is just this big bald black man with the best laugh and kindest heart! Sister Allman has flaming red hair and a personality to match! They are so cute!  
     
Well my wonderful family I have to go. The Elders are waiting to use this computer. I love you all so much and I am so grateful to be a missionary in this wonderful land!!!!!!!! 

Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen,


-Søster Neilson

*Note: She added in another short email that she had forgotten her camera at the house so no photos today. The following photos are from a google search on Sarpsborg Norway! ENJOY! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment