Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October is the month of NORWAY! Week 4

Oh my! It's October 1st! This is the month that our little missionary arrives in Norway….October 13th! SO exciting! Here are a few excerpts from her email this week…

Hallo Familie!

How is everyone? Can you believe it's been a MONTH!!! CRAZY!!! Time has flown by! I am doing super well! I got the stomach flu last Wednesday and it lasted until Friday :(…but all's well now AND I lost 6lbs. from it! Woo hoo!

Okay…after my episode of yucky sickness, it was time for some HARD work! Soster Hoggard and I had a busy week! We picked up three new investigators so now our total is seven! Five of which are not real, and two of them are! Every week we do this thing called TRC (not sure what it stands for) and we teach actual people here in Provo that speak Norwegian that are NOT our teachers! Haha…its super awesome! One person we teach is Sister Multon and she served a mission in Norway during the Korean War! She is a ROCK STAR! We had our last lesson with her this week and she began to cry. She told Soster Hoggard and I how much she loves us, to keep in touch, and to call her Bestemor, which means Grandmother in Norwegian. :) She is the CUTEST! Love that woman SO much!

This last Sunday was fast and testimony Sunday. I've had a song stuck in my head lately. It's titled, "I Will Not be Still!". I decided to share a few lines of the song during my testimony with my zone and I want to share them with you:

I've never been the kind to testify,
I don't have the words His truth deserves,
But its a simple thing He asks…
A worthy heart and willing hands,
He says if I make the choice...He'll help me find my voice.

He calls me to serve, and I cannot fail him.
The one who has given me all that I have.
I place my trust in Him alone,
He know the yearnings of my soul,
Because He believes in me…I will go willingly!

How can I keep this gift to myself?
When I could lift somebody else?
I am a witness of His miracles and His mercy.
I put my future in His hands…knowing He's made me all that I am.

When I put my faith in Him,
The truth begins to speak,
HIS POWER IS REAL
IT MOVES ME UNTIL
I CANNOT BE STILL!

This song applies so much to all of us! I love it! Heavenly Father is so merciful and He loves us SO MUCH! Jesus Christ IS our Savior and He loves us all so much! More than we love Him, which is mind blowing to imagine!

Well family…I love you! PLEASE dearelder me or send me a letter! I love them so much and they make my days AMAZING! I miss and love you all!

Jeg tror nei! Jeg VET Jesus Kristus er var frasler og vi har hun foirshoninig! Jeg tror er Del Hellig And og det hun kan hjelper oss folte fred through Jesus Kristus forshoning! AMEN!

I love you ALL! Gud vaer med deg til vis si ses igjen!

Soster Neilson

 "Can you believe it's OCTOBER ALREADY?!?!"

 P-day! Soster Sorensen, Soster Williams, 
Soster Neilson, Soster Hoggard, Soster Heywood! :)

 These two are TOTAL goofballs and KINDRED souls! :)

Happy Birthday Soster Hoggard! Awesome decorating Soster Neilson!

No comments:

Post a Comment