Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Half Way to Norway! WEEK 3

Haylee is half way through her time at the MTC! Here is her latest email and photos…

Hallo Familie!

I am doing SUPER DUPER! Some days are longer and harder than others but they are all filled with the Spirit! My companion and I have 4 investigators! Two of them are "fake" because they are our instructors that we teach in Norwegian. The other two are REAL investigators! Devan is 19 and a non member student at BYU. She has a full ride scholarship for her major. Leah (who I wrote about last week) is our other investigator and I have a really amazing relationship with her! She is a WONDERFUL human being with a BEAUTIFUL testimony! I seriously love her with all my heart!!! Please keep them both in your prayers!

SOOOO…I got to sing for Elder Bednar last night! I was literally 100 feet from him! SO amazing! He didn't even have a talk prepared, so he told us that he just wanted to talk to us like a grandpa talking to his grandchildren. He gave us some GREAT points:

1. Realize you don't know much but have an opportunity to learn A LOT!

2. Learn and NEVER forget!

3. Always pause and say, "I am doing the Lord's work!" and then get EXCITED!

4. Don't waste/lose/wish away time!

5. Whatever the Lord wants you to do…DO IT!

6. Life is a process of making goals! Stay close to your family and take them on your mission with you!

7. When the alarm bell rings in the morning, wake up and GET UP! Then go throughout your day working as hard as you possibly can so that you can come back and pray to Heavenly Father and say, "I did the best I could today Father." and MEAN IT!!!

It was amazing to listen to and learn from him! So grateful for the opportunity!!!

Life is pretty much AMAZING! I love the people in my district and we all support each other so much! We get our flight plans next week and we are three weeks away from NORWAY! I can NOT wait! I am READY to serve in the field with EVERYTHING I've got! Satan has been working hard on me BUT I have the LORD on my side and He is SO much stronger than Satan! I love my Father in Heaven! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! Jeg elske dere! (I love you all!) Gud aver med deg til vis si ses igjen!

Soster Neilson

 Soster Neilson and Soster Hoggard! 
Haylee ADORES her companion! 

Half Way to Norway Celebration Soster style! :) 

This photo MADE OUR DAY! Lindsay Romney bumped
into Haylee at the temple today! Thanks for the pic Linds! <3 

HAHA…Haylee captioned this one, 
"Found the Bieb at the MTC!…JK I found ELDER FACER and his comp!"

No comments:

Post a Comment