Saturday, October 11, 2014

Norway…HERE SHE COMES! Week 5

This is it! The last emails from the MTC! It's time for our Little Missionary to spread her wings and fly to Norway where she will serve until March 2016! We are SO excited for her! Here are a few excerpts from her latest emails…

Hallo Menesken! (Hello People!)

I AM DOING SO WELL!!! We had a short scare with our Visas. We weren't sure if they were going to come before our departure but…..I GOT IT! YAY! I am SO very EXCITED! I have SO much to do and ZERO time to do it but the Lord makes it all work out!

General Conference was amazing and has such a different meaning for me as a missionary! One thing that really touched me most was Elder Holland's talk. He talked about how the Savior had "nowhere to rest His head" and that most of Christ's adult life he was homeless. He promised the missionaries that we have the Lord with us because we have devoted ourselves to serve the poor. That got me thinking about a scripture, "…inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (Matt. 25:40), how AMAZING! The Lord doesn't mean we have served Him figuratively but LITERALLY! The Savior of the world was HOMELESS and when we serve the poor (could mean the poor in spirit too) we are LITERALLY serving our God! That really hit me like a TON of bricks!

In the first session of Conference, Brother Foster said the closing prayer and in it he said, "Please bless the missionaries' families that they will feel peace." I'm not sure why, but I felt very connected to you in that moment! I love you all so much! I know you are always with me and so is the Lord!

Gud vaer med deg til vis si ses igjen! (God be with you till we meet again!)

Soster Neilson

BEST Birthday wishes EVER! 

 Templene! (some random Elders jumped in with us! LOL!)
Soster Hoggard and Soster Neilson on their way to Conference! 
BEAUTIFUL Autumn! Y…M…C…A?
Alisha sent cupcakes to our district from her bakery, Ambrosial! YUM!
Soster Neilson chillin' with her MAIN man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment