Monday, February 23, 2015

Working Hard in Alesund!…Week 25

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

How is everyone over in... America...Argentina...Peru? Hahahaha So many places! I am doing great over here in NORWAY! It snowed this week but it never sticks! I am living in a coastal city so it melts and turns into ice very quickly… yay! Hahaha :) 

So I got a new companion this week! Her name is Søster Rogers! She is from Washington State and she is a doll! She is so patient with my craziness and I feel like we level each other out. She is very calm and relaxed (total opposite of me...hehe) Her favorite color is brown. Her favorite animals are cows/whales and if she could be any animal in the world she would be.... are you ready.... a dog! Hahaha! She is so funny! 

The first day that Søster Rogers was here, we were contacting and we stopped this woman who was VERY drunk! She loved me... hahahaha and they she tried to kiss me... on the lips... good thing she was way drunk and moved super slow so I could dodge it! She is also short so I don't think she would have been able to reach... hehe ;)
     
We have a new investigator named Cray. She is from Ålesund and loves it here! We met her at the grocery store and walked with her to our church and taught her a lesson. On our way there she just kept speaking English and talking about how much she loves Obama…hahaha...as a missionary, we are not allowed to talk about politics so we just kind of listened. :) Cray is a little special. She is 50 and lives in a mental institution...yup. She has a strong belief in God and loves hugging! When we were walking to the church she stopped and looked at both of us and said in English "Yes! You two are interesting! hahahaha!"...I thought the same about her! Love it!
     
We met with a less active named Harry and he is so sweet! He is a little bit of a unique old man. He grabbed me by the face and looked DEEP into my eyes and told me I have a soul that is full of life. He told me I love those in my life and that I am a light to others... He is so sweet! Awe!

We went to visit another less active named Maku! He is from Russia! He always feeds us a huge meal when we visit him... he is so sweet! One of his friends was there and he was way cool! Before we ate we had a prayer and he thought it was a little strange but the spirit was so strong! We shared a spiritual thought at the end and I felt very prompted to open my mouth and speak...so I did! I still don't know exactly what I said but he came to church yesterday! YAY!!!

We also met with our new convert Eirik! We met in the park where it started hailing, raining and snowing we got soaked! SO MUCH FUN! :)
     
Sorry for the short time and emails! I love you all! 

Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen!

-Soster Neilson


New companion! Soster Rogers! <3


Diligently working


…AND diligently playing! :)


"Snow Jackets = Marshmallow People!"
-Soster Neilson


A very dear friend gave her an authentic 
Marius Sweater. She LOVES it! <3


"Let experiences come to you!"


"I LOVE MY COMPANION!"
-Soster Neilson


Happy Heart! <3


BEAUTIFUL Norway…Winter 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment