Monday, February 16, 2015

Celebration of LOVE…Week 24



HELLOOOOO PARTY PEOPLE!

How is everyone doing this beautiful Norway day?! Oh my goodness! Norway is just BOOMING! So much is happening here and my heart is so full of love! I have been thinking a lot about being a missionary and how AMAZING it is! I remember so many returned missionaries told me all these things about a mission; how it would change my life, how it would be the hardest 18 months of my life but the best at the same time, how much I would love people, how happy I would be, how much fun I was going to have, how much sorrow I would feel AND how worth it my mission would be... well kids... its all true! Oh my goodness is it true! I am SO happy and grateful for all that I have here in Norway! I love being a missionary and I have truly never felt so happy in all of my life!

This week the Sister Training Leaders came and I got to spend a whole day with my old companion Søster Hartley! I love her SO much! We found so many prepared people that day! The next day we all flew up to Trondheim to attend a Zone Conference! We got snowed in at the airport and we had to wait 3 hours until we could actually fly... LAME! Once we finally got to Trondheim we had a great Zone Conference about being hunters! Hahahaha...our theme was Lion King so it was a little intense ;) 

My companion Søster Buhler also served in Trondheim at a different time then me so we made some plans to see some members there! While visiting with a member named Majken we asked her what she was doing later and she said she was staying at the church to help the Sisters with a teach and when I asked who the teach was with she said... LINDIS! ONE OF MY OLD INVESTIGATORS WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN IN MONTHS! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED! When Lindis finally got to the church I gave her a huge hug! It was SO good to see her! I really love her SO much! 

After getting to see all those amazing people, we had a big sleep over in the sisters' apartment! There was 8 of us! Haha...crazy! We left early the next morning and while waiting for the bus to take us to the airport, I saw one of my converts Shanti! I was WAY stoked! Ah! I love all these people so much! On the plane ride home, I sat next to a very interesting man. He saw that I was a missionary and we began to talk about God and the Bible. He told me that he believes that all of the Prophets in the Bible are half alien and that they came here to make half alien babies and that we are all part alien... hmmmmm... okay.... and then he told me how he is a Free Mason (not totally sure what that is) and how it is a big secret and I cannot tell anyone! I just sat there trying not to laugh and let the man talk. Towards the end of the flight he told me that he smokes a lot of pot and he likes to try to get lost in the wilderness... yeah he was really nice!!! :) 
     
Okay guys! MIRACLE MONDAY TIME!!!!!!!!! So do you remember the man that we talked to on the street and how we gave him a card and he called US! Well we had a really awesome lesson with him this week! The spirit was SO strong! Søster Buhler and I just bore testimony like there was no tomorrow! When we first met Stig he told us he didn't believe in God but Saturday he told us that after reading in The Book of Mormon, he believes there is a God! ah!! What?!?! So..... we asked him if he would be baptized and he looked down for a while at the Book of Mormon and looked up and ME and said "Ja." WHAT!?!?! YAY!!!!!!!! STIG IS GETTING BAPTIZED IN MARCH!!!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHE I AM SO HAPPY!!!! He is such a good guy! Miracles are everywhere!
     
Well my beautiful family my time is up and I love you all so much! Please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary! Muah! 

With all my love and Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen, 

-Søster Neilson


Sending LOVE from Norway!


Snowed in at the airport


…for THREE hours! 


Zone Conference Object Lesson…Lion King! :)


She was SO EXCITED to see Lindis in Trondheim! :)


Soster Neilson got to see Shanti while 
she was in Trondheim! 
Happy Heart! <3


Valentine Day Party with the Alesund Branch! <3


Being SILLY and FUN keeps you young! :)


Paul doing a GREAT Soster Neilson impression! :)


LOVE this! 
This AMAZING woman loves and adores our daughter!
Ase-Marie brings my heart peace knowing that 
Soster Neilson is well taken care of in Alesund! <3


THIS face makes my heart SMILE! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment