Monday, January 19, 2015

Patience!...Week 20

Hei Sann!
How are all of my beautiful peeps doing????!!!!!!!! Holy cow I have almost been on a mission for 5 months.......... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The time goes by so fast guys! Its insane! Being a missionary is an amazing job. I literally get to walk with people and see their lives change as they accept Jesus Christ and God into their lives! it is a wonderful and beautiful thing!
This week Søster Buhler and I flew to Bergen! It is another coastal city about an hour away by plane. We flew down for a big Zone conference that we were having. WAY fun! We stayed for two days at a members house. Their names are the Fielding's and they are from Texas! It was SO fun to be with an American family! They were so loud! hahahaha! Their youngest is 4 and it was the WEIRDEST thing to speak English to her! Hahahah So sweet! At our Zone Conference, a member of the missionary office, Brother Kapatchki and his wife, came to speak to us. They are both from Germany and are such a sweet couple! I remember during most of the conference I would look at Brother Kapatchki with a HUGE smile on his face, watching his wife while she spoke. They are SO in love and it is SO adorable! He is much more reserved and calm and she is like a ray of sunshine, just beaming! They were so sweet together! We learned about questions and how they can always be answered through the Lord. We learned about how to be better missionaries and how obedience brings blessings. It was an incredible two days! I also got to see so many missionaries I haven't seen in AGES! :)
Some news about some of my old investigators in Trondheim! So I wasn't  able to meet with two of my recent converts before I left and we kept trying to call them and even stopped by their home many times but no one was ever home and their phone was turned off... I was very sad. Come to find out, they chose not to pay their telephone bill that month because they wanted to pay their tithing... I COULD NOT STOP CRYING WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THAT! HOW SWEET! AH! I love them so much!!! I felt like such a proud momma at that moment! It is crazy how much love you can have for people you have only known for a short amount of time. Two of my other investigators in Trondheim are being baptized in 2 weeks and I am SO excited for them! They both have problems with the Word of Wisdom and when they were taught about it they both began to cry because they knew they needed to follow it! They are both so good! Ah! I love them so much!
I am loving my new area! So many good people here. Many are prepared or are being prepared to hear the gospel! I met this guy on the bus yesterday and he was so kind. He is from Oslo and is studying here in Ålesund to be a Cruise ship captain! We also met another man last night who we are meeting with tomorrow who is really excited to hear our message! 
Ålesund is definitely a different place to be a missionary. I have found that because I am here only with me my companion and 4 active members, I am really beginning to see what kind of missionary I want to be. It is a big eye opener, slightly scary but good
Well my beautiful family and friends, I love you all to death and I miss you all everyday! Don't forget to keep smiling and to share the light of christ! Muah!!! 
Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen!
-Soster Neilson


Good Morning Sunshine! 
The sun is showing itself a little more everyday! Currently sunrise is around 9:20AM and sunset is 4:15PM!


Happy Hearted Sisters basking in the morning sun at the library as they email home! :)


Eirik! :) Just in case you're wondering…he's holding a Norwegian Troll! 


The Fielding Family from Texas hosted the sisters at their home while they were at their Mission Conference in Bergen! 
"They were LOUD Americans! Music to my ears!" -Soster Neilson


So happy to be reunited! Soster Johannessen is the darling girl from Washington that came to our house in California to meet Soster Neilson before they went to the MTC. They got to be companions for a day!


This is what happens when Elders grab your camera and take selfies!...







This dear woman is Ase-Marie! She is the Alesund Branch's Relief Society President. She also takes wonderful care of the sisters! She goes on teaches with them, feeds them, throws celebrations for them, has FHE with them, loves them and generally is an angel sent from heaven! She has given my mother's heart immense PEACE! There's a SPECIAL place in heaven for Ase-Marie! <3


We are so grateful for this ray of sunshine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment