Monday, January 12, 2015

FAREWELL Trondheim and HELLO Alesund!…Week 19

Kjære familie og venner, 

Hello! Holy cow... did I hear in SNOWED in California?! I literally pray for snow everyday here in Norway and I think God forgot I was in Norway and not California ;) Hahahaha! How are all you beautiful people doing this amazing New Year? I will admit I do miss seeing a lot of your beautiful faces and feeling the warmth from the sun and of course I miss me some REAL Mexican food BUT...I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world! I love to be a missionary and I love inviting people to come unto Christ! 

So I am officially in my new area... ÅLESUND! Ålesund is the most beautiful place in Norway so I feel SO blessed to be here. :) It is a little different. I went from serving in Trondheim where there are around 60 to 80 members in church and serving with 7 other missionaries, to Ålesunde where there were 4 members at church and serving with one other missionary, my beautiful companion Søster Buhler! It is a little different BUT we may not be mighty in numbers but we are mighty in spirit! I want to tell you a little about the members :)

Fred is the branch president. He is such a good guy with a very strong testimony! He is for sure led by the spirit on behalf our little branch. :) 

Åse Marie is the Relief Society President and oh my... what a doll! I love her so much! She does SO much for us two missionaries... there are BIG blessing awaiting her in heaven! Åse Marie is for sure like a Momma to us. I love her so much! :)

Eirick is a recently baptized member. He is AMAZING! Such a good guy. He has a huge heart and he is always looking out for Søster Buhler and I. He is seriously our big brother!

Bente! I don't know Bente all that well but she is recently baptized also. She is a hair stylist and has purple hair! She is very kind!

And my companion is the darling Søster Buhler...what a stud this woman is! Søster Buhler is from Washington State and has such a HUGE heart! She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She cares so deeply and is an incredible teacher. She is an example to me every day and I am so grateful to be serving with her. :)

This week we will be flying to Bergen for a mission conference! I am so excited! I'm sure you will hear ALL about it next week :)

Well beautiful people I'm not sure what else to tell you! I thought my Norwegian was doing okay until I came into another city with a different dialect! Its time to learn another language! hahaha :) 

I love you all so much and I hope this NEW YEAR is treating you well :) Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen!

-Soster Neilson =)
FAREWELL Trondheim! Thanks for the LOVE!


Soster Hartley and Soster Neilson! Saying goodbye to your sister is hard to do! <3


Forever Sisters! Forever Friends! :)


Sweet Soster Subba! 
"She bows to us every time we see her and says 'Namaste!' I adore this sweet lady!" -Soster Neilson


The Subba Family! <3


Ole! :)


Tore! :)


Chris Marco! :)


Johanne! <3


Wenche! <3


The Smith Family! <3


The One and Olny…Elder Shanklin! :)






HELLO Alesund! Let's DO this! :)


The amazing and wonderful Ase-Marie! <3


Soster Buhler! <3


Soster Neilson and Soster Buhler!
HAPPY Hearts! <3


Side Note: We sent Soster Neilson her favorite salsa in her Christmas package! The following photos are a sequence of pure joy! :)


"Here we go!" Chips and Salsa


"Smells SOOOO good!"


"The DIP…wait for it…wait for it…"


"ABSOLUTE Heaven! SOOO AMAZING!"


Another side note! Soster Neilson's current Mission President and his sweet wife, President and Soster Evans, are nearing the end of their three year service in Norway. A new president has been called, President and Soster Hill! Soster Neilson knew them when she was in the MTC! They will be arriving in July to replace the Evans'.


President and Soster Hill…new Mission President for the Oslo Norway Mission! 

1 comment: