Monday, December 15, 2014

It's beginning to look, feel, sound, and taste a lot like CHRISTmas!…Week 15

Hei San!

So in the Norway mission, we speak A LOT of English, mostly because almost all of the missionaries here are American. This past week, our whole mission did an "English Fast". I was NOT excited about it, BUT I tried my best! It was very hard to express my feelings and SUPER frustrating! I did it anyways.  I didn't really feel like my Norwegian was improving and I just felt more and more frustrated! BUT we were at a members house and they interrupted me in the middle of the lesson and said "Woah! Your Norwegian has really improved!" (In Norwegian of course haha) I felt so great! It really made me realize how important it is to SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE! I love Norwegian even when I hate it! Hahahaha...the people, the language and the land are so beautiful! 

Do you remember the family from Nepal that got baptized, Hem and Shanti? We are now teaching Hem's mom, Rubba, and his little sister, Urmilla. Rubba is amazing! She speaks no English and no Norwegian! I love it! The spirit is so strong! We went to visit her and her daughter wasn't there to translate. We came in, said a prayer with her and she kept saying one of the only things she knows in Norwegian "Jeg er så glad i dere!" ("I love you guys so much!") AH! She is so cute!!!!!!!! I am so excited for when she will be getting baptized!

So one day me and Søster Heartley, decided that we were going to just hop on a bus, get off at a random stop, pray, find a new investigator and give away a Book of Mormon! So we found a stop and said a prayer.... 10 MINUTES LATER we met a guy named Marcus who wanted to meet with us BOOM new investigator! THEN 3 minutes later, we met this handicap man and his mother and they want to meet with us too! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he was so excited! So awesome! The Lord really hears and answers our prayers! I am so grateful! 

Last night was the CHRISTmas ward show and I performed in it TWICE! I danced to Mariah Carry with all the missionaries and a couple people in the ward!  Then the missionaries sang some American songs and beat boxed! So fun! 

This week we got to visit a member family in the ward. They are from America and they are AWESOME! I love them so much! I felt so at home at their house. I miss America a lot sometimes but when I'm with the McKenzie family, I feel right at home! They have some amazing kids whom I adore! AH!

Well beautiful people…I love you all! I hope you have an amazing CHRISTmas! Jeg er glad i dere! Gud vær med deg til vi sees igen!!! 

-Søster Neilson =)


Soster Neilson sitting in the Viking Chief's spot at the dinner table! :)



     Gathering Hall at the Viking Lodge and Museum! 


St. Olaf's Healing Stone! :)


Trimming the Tree at the Church! :)

Soster Williams baking up a storm! <3


Soster Neilson's Secret Jul Nisse…Ekder Brink! 
She gave him a cat! :)


For some reason, this candid shot of Haylee made my heart SMILE!


"Good Morning! You are BEAUTIFUL today!"



Sosters Heartley, Hoggard, and Williams! <3


The American Missionary Beat Box Christmas Singers! :)


Winter Wonderland in Trondheim! :)


Nidarosdomen Cathedral…AMAZING!


The house across the street from their apartment! 

 
The view from Soster Neilson's room. :)


Happy Heart and an Elder Forsberg photo bomb! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment