Monday, November 3, 2014

2 Month Mark! Oh My!…Week 9

From Soster Neilson…

Hallo!!!

How are you all doing?!?!?! Are you enjoying being WARM?! YOU BETTER BE! Hahaha…sit out in the sun for me okay?! PROMISE?!?!
Its my 2 month mark on my mission and my 3rd week here in Norway! I am doing well! It is mostly cloudy and rainy here right now so it is ALWAYS pretty dark AND cold! It is different from anything I've ever known but I LOVE it! So many things are happening in Norway!
We have a baptism this Saturday for a couple from Napal, Hem and Santi! They speak very  little Norwegian (like me!) and come up to my hip! Hahaha…they are VERY short and I am VERY tall! Love it! They are so excited and so ready for baptism! Good people! I LOVE them!!!
We helped a woman named Siv, move from a 4th floor apartment to another 4th floor apartment in another building…no elevator! Oh…and the stairs are very narrow and VERY steep! Haha…it was a fun, although life threatening, experience! :)
We had a Zone Conference on Halloween which was SO SUPER AWESOME! Loved it! I got to see some old MTC peeps! Great reunion for sure! Zone Conference was about involving members in our teaches more. SO…I am challenging all of you to (if you don't already have one) get YOUR OWN Preach My Gospel and STUDY it! Call the missionaries and see if you can go teach with them! AND…if you are reading this and are not a member of this INCREDIBLE church…My mom can hook you up! :)
Halloween was SUPER fun! I got my first Turkish kebab! It was DELISH! We saw a bunch of weird people walking around in costumes and I got pics with my favorite ones! We also celebrated with a ward Halloween party! Good things for sure! :)
We also had the opportunity to teach the Young Women about the Plan of Salvation! I taught the lesson in Norwegian! Haha…the language and I are a work in progress! It will come, it will come! ;)
Sorry for the shortness of this letter! Life is AMAZING in Norway! We are teaching some incredible people who are SO ready for this gospel! LOVE you all so much! Happy belated Halloween (ish)!

Soster Neilson


Beautiful Sunrise over Trondheim!
This is the view from her bedroom window! 


Hem and Santi form Nepal! <3


Helping Siv move on the tiniest, most narrow stairs EVER!


Zone Conference reunion with a few of her MTC peeps! :)


Ward Halloween celebration! 
"I guess I'm a gypsy?! I don't even know…ha!"
-Soster Neilson


With Spohia…the greenie prankster! <3


Soster Hunt and Soster Robbins! PUMPKINS! :)


Halloween in the streets of Trondheim! :)


AWESOME make up! :}


FIRST Turkish kebab! YUM!


BEAUTIFUL Young Women from the ward! <3


Happy Heart! Soster Neilson selfie! <3

Last week I asked Haylee to send me photos of her apartment! We were able to find it on Google Earth and see the exterior but I wanted to see the inside of where she lives everyday. I guess it's my Mother's heart speaking but it brings me GREAT peace that I can see she's warm and safe! :)


The church building! :)


The kitchen!


Their Living Room! LOVE the windows! 


Her Study Desk! :)


The down comforter that will keep her WARM during the long winter!


We LOVE this girl! We are so proud of her and her willingness to…
follow her Savior, Jesus Christ
love others, even complete strangers
serve unselfishly
do hard things


1 comment:

  1. Haylee is seriously the cutest missionary!

    I miss you so much girl! Thanks for being such an amazing example!

    ReplyDelete